It's been a complex week. A week during which long-awaited visits were canceled, and where tough decisions have been made. As Anno said to me, it's been a week of dark times.
There's nothing drastic here; it's just life. Death is part of life, and while it's part of nature and in some cases a release, it's still hard on those who are left behind.
So, I need some cheer, and what is more cheerful than to be able to give some accolades to deserving friends? Especially when I got those accolades in the first place?
Here, therefore, is the Bling Fling Thing Part II:
First off, I received this lovely award from Goofball of Goofball's World:
There doesn't seem to be any hard and fast rules attached to this one, so I am delighted to pass it on to several other brilliant blogs. I love each of these blogs for their writing style:
1. Greg of Scribble in the Margins - whether Greg is writing one of his gorgeous memoir-based pieces, political commentary, or simply a description of a vacation escape, his deft touch with words and his ability to get to the heart of the matter always astonishes me.
2. Jane of Confessions of a Middle-Aged Suburban Diva - Citizen Jane both cracks me up with her humorous observations of the world around her and touches me with her ongoing journey with Will. She also serves a mean bowl of cereal.
3. Meg of Prefers Her Fantasy Life - and you know, I think I prefer Meg's Fantasy Life, too. She turns motherhood on its ear, which is all the funnier since you know that in real life (shhhhh....) she's actually a super-responsible, education-reform type.
4. Anno of Anno's Place - if you've never experienced Anno's lovely prose, run over there now! I mean it.
5. Chani of Finding My Way Home - okay, so I think Chani has made a stand to ignore bling, but I just can't help it. She gives me food for thought with every post.
6. April of It's All About Balance - I've spoken about April before, and I can't help coming back to her for her strength, her clear writing and her willingness to take a stand for what she believes in.
7. Jami of Not THAT Different - Jami is the finest kind of educator - she lets us know what's going on, what should outrage us or surprise us or how to support people in a more loving manner, but she does this with humor and a touch of impishness.
8. Blogger's AnneX - even though we don't exactly know who's the mystery person/group behind Blogger's AnneX, it's a relatively new site dedicated to posting the very best of blog writing each day.
Speaking earlier of April, she awarded me this lovely award:
Despite my getting this from one of my "writing" friends, I'd love to pass this award on to some of my fave food bloggers, as they certainly produce some wonderful art in the kitchen:
1. Ben of What's Cooking. Ben is not only a superb cook, he's also been leading a fight to produce healthier chefs, more bakers, and to let the world know about the fresh, healthy ingredients that make up true Mexican food. Ben is also a networker extraordinaire, and has launched numerous challenges as well as a new forum.
2. Susan of Sticky Gooey Creamy Chewy - Susan's Tuesdays with Dorie series, using the Dorie Greenspan cookbook is a total delight, as are all of the recipes she serves up with beauty and taste! She also just might have the best blog name in history.
3. Nuria of Spanish Recipes - Nuria has educated the blog world on the true art of Spanish cooking, and never ceases to amaze me with her creations. She's on a technical hiatus now, but I hope she'll return soon!
4. Heather of Gild the Voodoo Lily - Heather does, indeed, gild the (Voodoo)lily on so many of her amazing combinations. Her restaurant and store reviews are not to be missed, either. I think she does for the cooking world what Meg does for the mommy world.
5. Jenn of The Leftover Queen - Jenni is one of the original grand networkers for foodblogging, and her Food Jousting Challenges, forums and Friday Foodie Round-ups are all wonderful forays into meeting many, many talented foodbloggers. Aside from all that, Jenn ROCKS as a cook and is very generous in sharing both her cooking talents and glimpses into her wonderful life with her new hubby.
6. Courtney of Coco Cooks - Even though Courtney's taking a semi-break right now, her talent for trying new combinations and ideas is extraordinary. Courtney is a true original and a generous and loving commentor, as well.
7. Marye for both Baking Delights
and Simply Home Remedies. Marye has absolutely taught me to be a better baker. Additionally, she is a home remedy queen and knows more about herbal remedies, uses for other objects, and taking control of your life in a more holistic manner than anyone I know. Her talents have finally been noticed by a publisher, and she is madly working on her first cookbook now. I think she could easily sell her ideas on home remedies, also. She has two other blogs, too, Kettle and Cup about all things tea and coffee.
I really could pass all of these on to all of my blogroll, but I loved the chance to be able to highlight a few of you. Maybe I have to start doing round-ups of my own...
Happy Bling Fling!