Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bling Fling Thing Part I

I've been a bad bloggy friend.

I've recently racked up some marvelous bloggy bling from some marvelous bloggy buddies, and I'm just now getting to collecting it and passing it on.

It's not that I'm not grateful.

I'm truly grateful. On every level.

It is that I'm terribly chaotic and disorganized this summer. Actually, I'm probably that way every summer. I think that might be one of the joys of summer.

In fact, some of those lovely souls who gave me the bling won't even see this because they're off right now being chaotic and disorganized and lounging by some exotic beach or mountain.

And that's how it should be.

Anyway, I am a lucky, lucky blog girl, and I am so grateful for the following awards:

First from

Nuria (whom I believe is one of those lounging somewhere lovely right now):

This great bear hug:



I LOVE this award. What could be better than getting a hug from a sweetheart like Nuria? Absolutely nothing finer. For those who don't know her, Nuria educates all of us on life and food in Catalan Spain. Nuria imbues all her posts with warmth, humor, knowledge and a good bit of music for spice. I have never ONCE been bored or disappointed with Nuria's lovely blog.

Here are the rules of this award:

I can only pass this bear hug onto five writers and their blogs, so here goes:

Sister Sassy of Sisters of a Different Order for a rockin' time in Northern Michigan and the hopes that our paths will cross again soon - despite our age gap she is definitely a soul sistah!

Lilac Specs of Lilac Colored Glasses - she's bravely moved half a world away to find true love and she's got a heart as big as Pittsburgh.

Goofball - she gives me virtual hugs almost every day and is the most persistent person I know in trying to reach my inconsistent self. Her Facebook and other messages make my day!

Jenn in Holland - writer extraordinaire in every sense of that word, and she knows what I mean, I think. ;-)

Teacher Patti from Teacher in the Hood - she and I are A2 and teacher sisters and life is always fun around her!

I have to say, I'd also *have* to pass this on to Courtney of Coco Cooks, but Nuria agreed with me, so she's already got one!

Okay, so ANOTHER award from the generous and lovely Nuria:



Again, I have to choose five bloggers... ack! Here goes again:

Flower Child of Blooming Idiot - she makes my day every single time she posts whether it's on music, her travels, her baking, or her huge heart in terms of fixing the world.

Dingo of As I Was Saying - because I need to fall off my chair laughing on a regular basis.

Leslie of My Mommy's Place Blog - because if I ever need to remember what family love is, all I have to do is peek into her blog. Plus she's the Haiku Buckaroo Hostess with the mostest!

Cathouse Teri of The Road Lester Traveled - because somebody has to say the things she does. ;-) She also teaches me the meaning of family. Plus, she just plain ROCKS.

Sandy of Momisodes - for her eye for photos, her ear for dialogue, her ability to make us all laugh, and her clear thinking.

Okay, this is turning into a long, long post.... more of these next week.

I really think I've met the best folks through my reading and my readers and you all deserve multiple awards. And Nuria, thanks so much! These could both go back at you, but I guess that's against the "rules".

21 comments:

Goofball said...

wooohooo thanks :) A hug award, how great.
Big hug coming right back at ya!

And talking about being persistent: when is that skype connection going to come up again? :p

glamah16 said...

OPPS. I am worse than you with these(Much Appeciated however!). I am sitting on a few.But thanks for the love!

Jen said...

Goofball - I'm not sure if it's coming back up. I do need to get it working again. My main issue is my crazy schedule right now.

Courtney - huge hugs always!

April said...

Congrats on your awards! Dingo cracks me up, too!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks! I really appreciate it. I love Bling. Um, not to sound ungrateful or anything but does this award happen to come with Christian Bale naked in my bed?

Momisodes said...

Me? Really? Thank you! You are such a sweetheart :) This means so much coming from you.

Congratulations on the well deserved bling. I see I have some other blogs I need to go and check out!

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks! You definitely deserve these awards.

anno said...

Congratulations! And I always love following your links -- I'm off to explore!

Jen said...

April, Dingo is just brilliant!

Dingo, you are brilliant! ;-)

And you are, too, Sandy!

Leslie, you deserve them, too.

Happy hunting Anno, there are probably more coming today.

Jan said...

And you deserve them my friend.. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww, thanks friend! See you tomorrow!

Jen said...

Thanks so much, Jan!

Yes, Patti - looking forward to it!

Meg said...

Congrats on your awards--If you like these folks, I probably will, too.

Jen said...

Meg, in particular, if you don't know Dingo, Sandy or Leslie, you should - all three are masters (like you) at humor!

Flower Child said...

that's really sweet - right back at you!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Bear hug!

This might be our first bling! :)

And hey, I want to come visit. I'll talk to Jimmy and see if we can come up with some time.

Otherwise, you should come up next year for the film fest!

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Yay for the blog bling. I'm off to check out some of those other sites!

Jen said...

Sassy, I would SO love that! ;-) Tell Jim I'll dangle a Cheese Delight in front of his face to tempt him.

Amy, it's fun to get to know other sites this way, I think.

cathouse teri said...

NOW who is the bad blogger! Took me all these days to come see this sweet tribute from you and only then because you prompted me!

*Teri bends over for her spanking*

Hugs and kisses to you, babe! :)

Jen said...

Teri, I don't think you could ever be "bad" bad.... you're just the good kind of bad, lol! ;-)

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, Jen, thanks so much. That is so kind of you to think of me (and to say something so very nice about me) I adore you, of course, and can think of no one more deserving of bloggy friend awards. You truly make the neighborhood a warm and friendly place. Lots of love!!