Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This and That and The Writing Game

First off, thanks so much for the great response to The Writing Game! (And to my begging and cajoling). I'm really excited, though, as we are shaping up with a great field of writers, some very experienced and some brand new to fiction. And I know we'll all have a blast! Here are our participants so far (and if my ancient brain forgot anyone, please let me know):

Cable Girl
Darcy
Gunfighter
Jan
Jenn(?)
Mariposa
Moi
NYC/Caribbean Ragazza
Luisa of Novembrance
Painted Maypole
Soccer Mom in Denial
Thalia's Child
Veriano
Wholly Burble

Want to join us? See the rules here. Just send me your ideas before midnight on Friday, EST.

Voting

Grrr. I voted in the Michigan Primary today. There was no one at the polls. I didn't have to stand in line. I didn't have to wait at all. Yes, it was convenient, but no, it wasn't the way it should have been. The Michigan Democratic Party screwed up big time. And I'm mad. I'll have more about this in a future post.

Weekends

I did something I almost never do - I actually made last weekend into a "weekend". The results? I've gotten tons of things done this week and it's only Tuesday. I also got ideas for two new books. And that's one of the hardest parts for me as a writer - I'm definitely more character-driven in my fiction.

What does this tell me? That I need to do this far more often.

I'm a Meter Maid

There's a meter to the side of my entries. It says Progress on my as yet Unnamed Mystery. In the past six days of writing, the meter has gone from 30% to 42%. I'm happy.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

By when do you need to characters and situations again?

Wholly Burble said...

Sounds and looks like we're going to be having fun! Can't wait.

Glad the weekend resulted in all sorts of positive things. And inquiring minds want to know what story-lines you're coming up with.

anno said...

What a great group of writers -- I'm going to be looking forward to reading everyone's stories!

Jan said...

Makes you feel good when you get things done doesn't it? Glad you made progress on your book.

The Jan that you said is in the writing game..... is that me? Did I say I'd play? LOL (((HUGS)))

thailandchani said...

I will definitely be reading. :)

Luisa Perkins said...

I'm VERY disappointed in the apparently poor voter turnout in MI. What's up with that? Grr.

I can't wait for the Writing Game! It looks like a terrific group so far.

Lovely Rita! Congratulations on your progress on the new WIP. That is fantastic. I should install a similar meter.

I should end this comment before I expend my entire exclamation point quota for the day.

painted maypole said...

oh the travesty of the michigan primaries. how ridiculous!!!!!

and yay for your meter going up! good job!

Goofball said...

yeah why do the Democratic primaries not count in Michigan. They didn't even say in the news here that there was also a vote for the Democrats.

is it because the primaries in Michigan are organised too early?

Flower Child said...

I want to join your writing game but I'm really not a fiction writer. I tend towards the (my own) reality type of stuff. I'd be happy to read others' work!

soccer mom in denial said...

Congratulations on the writing!!! That is so exciting. And I am looking forward to the Game.

Alex Elliot said...

I totally want to participate. I'll get back to you with my ideas.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I just sent my first draft...for the requirement I mean...and regarding the voting thingy...got this link from Bipolarlawyercook, http://politics.nytimes.com/election-guide/2008/results/states/MI.html maybe that has something to do with that...pls excuse my ignorance...I'm an outsider just trying to educate myself here... ;)

Anonymous said...

Weekends are so important! Congratulations on the burst of productivity. See what you get when you're nice to yourself?