Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Not So Wordless Wednesday - Punk Angel




Last spring, my family and I had the great good fortune to be able to travel to San Francisco. We came out of a very popular breakfast spot one morning and found this angel smiling down at us. We were all intrigued by the spikes, and realized they were pigeon deterrents.

This is my DH's photo. He's a wonderful photographer and haiku master, and I'm hoping he'll get his own blog up and running soon, and then you can see his photos there!

For those familiar with SF, can you guess where this was taken?

7 comments:

Betsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsy said...

You're married to a haiku master?! Now that's cool!

anno said...

Great picture! No clue, though, about where you found this one...

Wholly Burble said...

What a picture. Glad you explained the situation--I'm not sure I'd have thought of pigeon deterents LOL. Having never been to SF, I have no idea where it is located, but what a sight--thanks for sharing. (I'm rather hoping you can talk your DH into blogging too--especially with his story coming up--is that this next Monday? Egad, I best get to writing.)

Goofball said...

all European sculptures are full of spikes...

CableGirl said...

a haiku master? Wow, I wish now that he had composed on to go with this image. :)

Anonymous said...

The first time I ever saw something with those pigeon deterrents, I was perplexed. Took me a while to figure it out, too.

Wonderful picture. I hope your hubby's blog will be up and running in time for the next Haiku Buckaroo contest!!! It's in February!