Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Nice Day!



Carol, over at Northwest Ladybug, was nice enough to bestow this lovely badge on me yesterday. It really made my day, especially as I was worrying that I was managing to offend all my regular readers with my schooling views! She'd had it bestowed on her, and she certainly deserves it, so I was glad she'd gotten some cheer, as well.

There are so many, many lovely people in this blogosphere, that it's hard for me to tag them all, but here are a very few that I would love to pass this on to:

First off, my dear friend from "real" life: Anno. Anno sees me through thick and thin, happy and sad and all of my writing and teaching and parenting issues. She has cheerfully allowed me to pull her into new adventures and she has shown me some wonderful paths in life. I get energized every time we can sneak coffee together and every time I read her blog. So, Anno, this one's for you!

To Fourier Analyst for her comforting words and loving demeanor and her use of "Darling" in her comments! And also for her courage in sharing difficult times with us through her blog and showing us that there are many routes in live and we can overcome adversity.

To Goofball for her ever-present cheer and warmth and genuine interest in cross-cultural issues and facts. I can't visit Goofball's blog without smiling, as well as learning something new.

To Jenn in Holland for her warm vision of life and for answering every. single. comment on her blog! I bow down to you, Jenn!

To Michelle from Bleeding Espresso for her recipes, her tours of Calabria, her reflections - I truly believe she is a national treasure for both Italy and the U.S.

You know, I really could pass this on to pretty much every one of my readers, but this is what I come up with on half a cup of coffee, so just consider yourself tagged! I can't tell you how grateful I am for the new perspectives and worlds I enter through my blog reading, and for the friendships I've developed over time!

Happy Saturday!

10 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, Jen, that is just EXTREMELY nice. I deeply appreciate you thinking of me.
And I always appreciate your comments. Every. Single. One.

If all my readers had their email addresses released so I could reply immediately, I could do the same for them! (Attention: Goofball, I don't have your email address!)

Now then, go enjoy another cup of coffee and enjoy your Saturday! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Thank you *so* much--and what wonderful things you've written about me. Much cyber-blushing right now :)

anno said...

Oh, Jen, you know the feeling's mutual. I only regret that we haven't been able to get together enough this fall to ensure your adequate caffeine intake. Thanks so much!

soccer mom in denial said...

Happy Saturday indeed! A wonderful list for sure.

I hope you had more coffee today.

Wholly Burble said...

As I am so new to this blog site, and blogging itself, I'm grateful for the introductions! I'm finding this community very uplifting, and offering many challenges to me, personally, as a writer, to Keep Writing Daily! Wow, just the push I need.

Again, thank you for the recommends. I'm taking advantage of them

CableGirl said...

You completely deserve it! Congrats on your award. :)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Regarding the date posting (your October 31/November 1 issue), on the "Compose" page, at the bottom of the post on the left there is "Post Options." Click on that and there you can manipulate the date and time any way you like.

In fact, if you wanted to go back and repost that one so it has the November 1 date, you can still do it just by editing the post date as described :)

Rebecca said...

You are certainly a deserving recipient of this award, Jen. Congratulations!! :)

Anonymous said...

Jen, you definitely deserve this. I am familiar with most of your honorees and agree that they deserve it, too. The ones I don't know, I'll have to check out!

Goofball said...

Thank you so much, I am thrilled! those are very very kind words to me :).
Will post about it when I am sitting behind my PC at a decent hour (and not waaaay past my bedtime like it is now).