Monday, November 26, 2007

Music Monday - BNL

I wish I had a good story about The Bare Naked Ladies, but I don't.

I just really, really love them. They don't inspire me the way U2 does, but they make me laugh. A lot. And to laugh at myself, because I think I can relate more than a little bit to all of their insanity. And like Ed, I probably have more of a hair-trigger temper than I give myself credit for.

I love so many of their songs it was just really hard to choose. But I decided to go to my introduction to BNL - One Week. So enjoy, below.

And check in with Soccer Mom in Denial who started Music Monday and see who else is playing!


Luisa Perkins said...

Oh, my love for them knows no bounds. I whiled away many miles on the treadmill memorizing the words to that song. BNL, like They Might Be Giants and Cake, are my kind of guys: geeky, funny, uber-smart, and endlessly interesting.

Great post!

soccer mom in denial said...

Hey! I missed that you wrote something. I AM SO SORRY!! Will you hit me over the head next time to tell me?

And this is a great piece. Music brings joy both big and small and we should celebrate it. Hip-hip-hooray for Bare Naked Ladies.

The only concert where I was sprayed with the contents of mac and cheese boxes.

Leslie said...

I love BNL. Love them! I had a few friends that formed a band in college and they loved to play covers of BNL songs. It always makes me think of that time, which was incredibly fun.

painted maypole said...

I love BNL, too. I sang that song at Karaoke once. It was like doing a workout, but fun. The audience thought it was a hoot.