Monday, November 26, 2007

Music Monday - BNL



I wish I had a good story about The Bare Naked Ladies, but I don't.

I just really, really love them. They don't inspire me the way U2 does, but they make me laugh. A lot. And to laugh at myself, because I think I can relate more than a little bit to all of their insanity. And like Ed, I probably have more of a hair-trigger temper than I give myself credit for.

I love so many of their songs it was just really hard to choose. But I decided to go to my introduction to BNL - One Week. So enjoy, below.

And check in with Soccer Mom in Denial who started Music Monday and see who else is playing!

4 comments:

Luisa Perkins said...

Oh, my love for them knows no bounds. I whiled away many miles on the treadmill memorizing the words to that song. BNL, like They Might Be Giants and Cake, are my kind of guys: geeky, funny, uber-smart, and endlessly interesting.

Great post!

soccer mom in denial said...

Hey! I missed that you wrote something. I AM SO SORRY!! Will you hit me over the head next time to tell me?

And this is a great piece. Music brings joy both big and small and we should celebrate it. Hip-hip-hooray for Bare Naked Ladies.

The only concert where I was sprayed with the contents of mac and cheese boxes.

Anonymous said...

I love BNL. Love them! I had a few friends that formed a band in college and they loved to play covers of BNL songs. It always makes me think of that time, which was incredibly fun.

painted maypole said...

I love BNL, too. I sang that song at Karaoke once. It was like doing a workout, but fun. The audience thought it was a hoot.