Monday, November 19, 2007

Music Monday - Walk On



Since I'm joining Music Monday for the first time, I had to start with U2. It's hard for me to explain just what U2 means to me. Bono and the lads are my "go to" guys for any hard day, exhilarating day, boring day, exciting day, and well, you probably get the point by now. I absolutely would not have gotten through grad. school without them. Or probably motherhood for that matter. Their music absolutely leaves me on a high, as do most of their politics (or maybe all of their politics - I just don't know all of their politics). I just love them in every, possible way.

I chose "Walk On" because of all my favorites, it's the song I have most often in my head when I'm writing. It's the song that just lifts me like wings.

And my nephew is just plain wrong - U2 knocks the pants off of Red Hot Chili Peppers in terms of influence over the past 20 years. Any. Day. You wanna argue with that? The gloves are ON!

I can never get my youtube clips to work into an actual post, so please look below for the clip.

SMID, over at Soccer Mom in Denial started Music Monday in this post in this , reflecting on her sons' learning history lessons from "Prof." Cash. Please join her, and others, for Music Monday.

11 comments:

Flower Child said...

I love U2 as well. Every time I think they're about ready to hang it up they come up with another winner. Gotta love 'em! and their politics!

Unknown said...

I have always been pleased by the hope U2 extends.

Goofball said...

aaah, there is no group like U2 :)

Rebecca said...

I love a bit of U2 too!

And U2 and red hot chilli peppers? - no contest!

Wholly Burble said...

I have mentioned I don't get out much, correct? Well, I actually have NO idea what U2 sings. Your YouTube clip is the first time I've heard them perform. WELL, perhaps I've heard them somewhere and just didn't know what was playing in the background--but to the best of my knowledge, I've never heard them. SO, thanks for the intro, I'll have to go to YouTube and investigate what else I can find of their work.

Always something new to learn.

Jan said...

I'm with WB.... not familiar with U2. But i will check them out now. They must have something on the ball for all you to love them.. or I'm jus too old to notice. Yanni has been more my style.

Jan

Luisa Perkins said...

You're right; your nephew is wrong. I love the Peppers, but please.

I saw U2 twice in concert: once on their 'War' tour, and once on their 'Joshua Tree' tour. Fantastic.

painted maypole said...

red hot chili peppers? no match. none at all.

suchsimplepleasures said...

u2 and duran duran...those have been and always will be, my favorite bands.

Anonymous said...

I looooove U2.

But, I'll never forget the embarrassment of talking about their album Achtung Baby with Ilka - our German exchange student. Except I was pronouncing Atch Tongue, Baby. Oh, how she loved my little error. I will never live it down.

Jenn in Holland said...

I am so backing you in the U2 v. Peppers fight. NOT even a contest in my mind! What a great post about a great group. Absolutely agree with you.