Sunday, February 3, 2008
World Nutella Day: Nutella-Cheesecake Cupcakes
3 packages of neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese), at room temperature
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 jar of Nutella!
24 chocolate wafers
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Cream the neufchatel and sugar together. Beat until they are thoroughly blended.
3. Add the eggs, one and a time, and beat until well blended. Lastly, beat in the vanilla.
4. When everything is well-blended, mix in 1/2 the jar of Nutella with a spatula, so that the Nutella swirls through the mixture, rather than is completely blended.
5. Get out two muffin pans. Line each muffin cup with a foil cupcake liner. Place a chocolate wafer at the bottom of each cupcake liner.
6. With a cookie scoop, scoop out the batter and place in each liner. Each liner should be about 2/3 full. Then with a smaller scoop, or with a tsp and a knife, place a dab of Nutella in the center of each cupcake.
7. Bake for 35 minutes. Take out of the oven, cool, and chill for at least three hours.
Tomorrow is the deadline for projects for World Nutella Day, which is the brainstorm of Sara of Ms. Adventures in Italy . This was a delicious challenge for me - to play, you just make a recipe, picture gallery, or any other project that uses Nutella (otherwise known as the hazelnut chocolate elixir of the gods) and send your project, along with a picture, to nutelladay at nutelladay dot com. Go to Sara's blog to get all the details.