Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Writers, Writers everywhere...

I am never at a loss for good things to read.

In addition to the unwieldly stacks of books next to my bed, on the coffee table, on our end table and piled on the chair next to mine at the dining room table, and also in addition to the great reads posted on my blog roll, there are wonderful writers behind the blogosphere who are each working on intriguing projects.

Two major champions of these writers are Charity and Marianne, each of whom has sent us off to recent sales/releases of friends - Trish Milburn and Allie Bonaface. Marianne's wonderful stories and longer works can be found here, and although I wish I could share Charity's fulll wonderful body of fiction with you (she has written some of the best tales I've ever read) some of her tidbits are here and through here.
Then there's Diesel, who is about to release his collection of hilarious blog pieces Anti-Social Commentary from the Secret Files of the Mattress Police, and Rebecca James who has recently released her e-book, Nightswimming.

And then there are those who just plain write. And write and write and write. I'm thinking of Jennifer, whose work as a translator is evident as she translates the world around us into her thoughtful essays on love and family. And Anno, who captures snapshots of her world in a way that's both beautiful and delicate. Greg writes lovely, tight vignettes about his family and youth. Jenn takes us on her perpetual journey of life in the Netherlands. Fourier Analyst has started a spectacular series of Soap Opera Sunday pieces and then there are the founders of Soap Opera Sunday themselves - Brillig and Kateastrophe.

It also seems that NYC/Caribbean Ragazza has a book in the offing, and I noticed Sognatrice has a manuscript button on her blog. As I will soon, too. And as Marianne and Charity do, almost always. I believe Leslie mentioned something about a book, too - and we all know how much she loves Haiku!

And in terms of the generosity of writers, I can speak first hand how generous both Charity and Marianne are with both their advice and their time, and how two food writers, with marvelous websites and backgrounds, Lorna Sass and Gemma Driver, gave of themselves and their time to help me research my latest WIP.

I can't imagine my life without books and reading.

And writing.

15 comments:

anno said...

What a treasure of wonderful links! I'm honored to be included.

Thanks, too, for your own interesting and thought-provoking contributions.

Fourier Analyst said...

Thanks so much for the linky-love. It is very flattering to be included in a collection of some of my favorite writers. And to be mentioned in the same blog with professionals is also an honor. I can't wait to read some of the new links you have provided and am anticipating with much excitement your future literary entry! Keep writing!!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Hah, my manuscript counter hasn't moved in months, but thanks for noticing it's there :)

Seriously, thanks so much for mentioning me--this is a great collection of links!

jennifer said...

You should have linked to yourself here, too!
Seriously, thank you. I am always amazed that anyone reads what I write at all...

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks so much for mentioning me! I've read only a few of the others you mentioned and I know how fabulous they are. I'm really touched. And now I've got some reading to do!

Brillig said...

Hey... look! There's me! What an honor to be linked up in such an amazing group! Thanks!

I'm with all the previous commenters--I'm gonna have to take some time to go through all of these links! I think I know most of them, but not all. Fun stuff!

Charity Tahmaseb said...

Oh, I'm flattered. This was so nice, Jen. I'm a so-so blogger, at best. I do it mainly to entertain myself. And I'm easily amused.

But thank you. You've compiled a great list of links.

robkroese said...

Thanks for the mention, Jen!

Unknown said...

Many thanks for the link. I'm such a dork I can't figure out how to add links. I've been told but...
Anyway, yeah, the writing life...

Jami said...

I'm with you on the reading thing. There's ALWAYS another book! Did I show you my library? No, really - we have one! (I'm lazy so just search my blog for "library". I think it's the 2nd post that shows up.) Now I guess I've got to carve out some time to write a book. Hey, can we get Congress to pass a constitutional amendment extending the day to, like, 30 hours? Then I'd have time!

Marianne Arkins said...

Aw... shucks...

Thanks.

blushes

Dan said...

I think there are too many writers in the world. It's way too competitive. We need more readers! Any volunteers in here to switch to being only readers?

Hmmm ... just realized that probably no one is reading this comment of mine. They're too busy writing.

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Thank you Jen for the shout out and the link!!

Rebecca said...

there IS just so much to read - it's hard to keep up - and I, too am flattered to be on your list!!

pseudowife said...

Some of my best friends are books