Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday's Feast



Friday's Feast

Appetizer
Say there’s a book written about your life. Who would you want to narrate the audio version?

Janeane Garafolo because she plays the kinds of characters that would probably reflect me and my life, lol.

In my dreams, Emma Thompson, because she plays the kinds of characters that I would want my life to be like!

Soup
Take the letters from your favorite kind of nut and write a sentence. (Example: Perhaps every avenue needs understanding today.)

Absolute liars make onerous, nasty deals sometimes.

Salad
If you could go back in time and spend one week in another decade, which decade would you choose?

If I could choose the week, I'd probably choose my last week in Russia, when I was teaching. If I had to choose the decade, I'd choose this one.

Main Course
Name a song that brings back memories for you.

There are so many, but this morning what comes to mind is "Let's Get This Party Started" by Pink, because it reminds me of many road trips with all my wonderful international kids and, of course, my own wonderful kiddo!

Dessert
Do you prefer to wash your hands in cold water or warm water?

warm or hot - I cook so much and want to make sure that the germs are AWAY. I love the sensual feeling of cold water on my hands on a hot day, though.


Only two days left! Don't forget to enter the fabulous The Long and The Short of It Grand Opening Contest

9 comments:

anno said...

Fabulous feast! I love your nutty sentence, and I think Emma Thompson would be a great reader for your biography.

Anonymous said...

Great feast. We do share Emma, and I love the choice of Janeane Garofalo, as well.

Sandee said...

Your soup makes sense. I love it. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Emma Thompson is great, but Janeane Garafolo is funnier. I'd listen to her narrate the audio version of your biography.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that the nut one had me puzzled for a few minutes...I read it and read it until finally! Almonds! Ha!

Marianne Arkins said...

Dear heavens... your soup actually makes sense. LOL on Janeane Garofalo. I really like her.

Happy Feast :-)

Rebecca said...

a very satisfying friday feast! Emma Thompson is great but janeane Garofalo is definitely more endearing.

soccer mom in denial said...

I love Emma. Even saw that awful Arnold gets pregnant movie because she was the doctor!

Nice job. I like the recipes.

pseudowife said...

My life would have to be narrated by David Attenborough. My life has been fairly humdrum buit that man can make even cumquats seem exciting and I need all the help I can get!

Grimm said...

Hmmmm...life narration. Very interesting. I am going out on a limb and say David Duchovny.

He has such a hint of sarcasm in everything he says.

Not that I am sarcastic or anything. At least I picked out Almonds...