Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Distractions - probably TMI

They come at night.

Usually beginning around 5:30 or 6:00 p.m. and swinging into full force around 8:00 and then, if it's a really bad night, attacking with a vengeance at around 4:20 a.m. or so.

No, not bedbugs. (I hope)

But something. Something that is rifling through my body and tearing through my brain and it should be my new novel or one of the reviews I should write or my friends' ebooks that I'm dying to read or my DS starting high school or me starting teaching, but it's none of those things.

It's a set of massive hives.

Which could be the product of all the above-mentioned stressors. Except I'm not feeling stressed.

But I am feeling in need of a full night's sleep. Without itching.

I see the nice doctor who didn't fix it two weeks ago, but who I'm sure will find a solution today, in 7 hours and 5 minutes.

And counting.

7 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Oh... Ick.

Poor you. Hope the doctor helps.

Good luck!

anno said...

I'm thinking lavender tea... or maybe a glass of wine at The Earle might be just what the doctor will order!

jennifer said...

Jen- I'm so sorry. The doctor probably will help, but it's surely stress.
Good luck brave soldier!

CableGirl said...

Oh you poor thing. Nothing worse than hives. I used to get them when I was younger and it would only happen when I was already sick. Turned out I was allergic to the cold medicine my mom was giving me. Talk about double whammy. Hope your doc can figure out what's wrong quickly!

Jami said...

Poor baby! Maybe a nice calamine bath? With just a little oatmeal.

And even if you don't THINK you're stressed, you just might be. Whatever the cause, I hope your doc gets it fixed.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Hives! They're miserable. I hope the doctor has a solution.

Anno's suggestion for lavender tea made me think of my chamomile tea (by Lipton) - on the outside of the bags there are messages printed on it that say things like, "Shhh. You're getting sleepy," and "Hello Chamomile. Goodbye Anxiety." They're very cute.

Rebecca said...

ouch - was the Dr able to help???