Monday, November 30, 2009

Music Monday: "Baby Are You Down, Down, Down?"

My friend Pat, one of my writing mentors and all around great friends sent me this video clip recently.

I loved the "Where the Hell is Matt" project, and if you haven't seen it, you can find it here.

This is a similar project, but focused on bringing awareness of breast cancer. It was also part of an effort to get Medline to donate a huge amount of money to St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, OR. They had to get 1,000,000 hits for this on youtube, and the current tally is 1,599,499, so they made their goal and then some.

The folks in this video are Medical Center employees, and as you can see, they were joyous in their participation.

To all our sisters fighting this disease and to all of their loved ones (and a special shout-out to my friend, Linda, who is going through a bone marrow transplant on Friday to fight myelofibrosis):



Happy Music Monday. For more participants, go visit Soccer Mom in Denial.

15 comments:

Grimm said...

Every single one of them has better moves than me.

God bless 'em.

Brian Miller said...

love the matt project...this one is really cool as well. prayers for your friend as well. smiles.

Jeanie said...

This is making the rounds and I just love it!

Goofball said...

what a cool video :)


All best wishes to your friend Linda. I hope her fight will be successful.

Jen said...

Grimm - I was so impressed by them!

Thanks for the prayers, Brian - I'll pass them on to Linda (not the Linda who comments here). I love the Matt project, too. AND Playing for Change. ;-)

Jeanie - it really is so joyous!

I agree, Goofball!

painted maypole said...

the older gentleman janitor is my favorite.

fantastic.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Absolutely love the dance!!!!!

soccer mom in denial said...

Please tell Linda I'm thinking of her.

And just know that my kids keep asking to watch the video. Clearly they have a soft spot for the dancing janitor.

And THANK YOU for playing Music on a Monday!!

ivy said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend. I enjoyed watching the video.

Jen said...

PM, I think he's definitely a fave for many. I was just so impressed with how many folks joined in with such alacrity!

SMID and Ivy - thanks - Linda is a strong, wonderful person and I'm hoping that this will put her in good healing. And SMID - think I'll be playing much more often - I'm finding my equilibrium with blogging again.

Val, I love it, too!

Virtualsprite said...

Love this video!

I'm keeping Linda in my thoughts.

Ivy said...

Please pass from my blog to collect your Award.

Tui Snider said...

There's something touching about seeing people bust a move while going about their daily lives. It reminds me of how, after I'd seen a musical as a kid, I secretly wished that people would do that in real life, that they would just drop everything and dance from time to time, just for the sheer joy of living.

Alex Elliot said...

Very cool!

Goofball said...

Hi jen, how are things? are you enjoying the holidays? how's your family?
did you give up on blogging?