1. What is your occupation right now? I teach literature and writing classes to high school students
2. What color are your socks right now? None - I'm wearing nice, warm booty slippers.
3. What are you listening to right now? The clock ticking in my office.
4. What was the last thing that you
5. Can you drive a stick shift? under duress, yes.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? a friend from NYC who is also my mother's friend. We were discussing the move. Again.
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Well, no one actually sent it to me, but I DO like both Gunfighter and Los Angelista. They are both thoughtful writers with huge hearts. Gunfighter is also a brilliant rosary artist and Los Angelista is training for her first marathon and she ROCKS!
8. How old are you today? 49... half a year from the big 5-0 and I'm just delighted about it! Seriously.
9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Ice Skating during the Winter Olympics
10. What is your favorite drink? Whatever I'm into at the moment, but probably water over all. At the moment, I'm liking drinks with juice and rum.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Years ago and I really didn't like the texture, so I go natural now
12. Favorite food? Hard to say - I really prefer things with veggies and cheese, though.
13. What is the last movie you watched? GET SMART. I watched it with C after Fran died and we both needed distraction and a good laugh as therapy. And we got it.
14. Favorite day of the year? the first day of school
15. How do you vent anger? I yell. Embarrassing, but true. Hey, I grew up in NYC, what can I say?
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Lite Brite (See my last meme).
17. What is your favorite season? Um... fall. Wasn't I just asked this?
18.. Cherries or Blueberries? Blueberries - now wait... THEY are my favorite food!
19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Um.... I guess this was originally an e-mail meme. I do like it when friends e-mail me back, don't you?
20. Who is the most likely to respond? Whoever else doesn't know what to post
21. Who is least likely to respond? D, because he never posts anything.
22. Living arrangements? a usually somewhat messy house on a dirt road that's near a relatively lively small city. I share this abode with C, D and the 2 piggies (guinea pigs) and sometimes our various assortment of exchange kiddos (who are all adults now, so I shouldn't call them kiddos).
23. When was the last time you cried? Probably December 12th (when it really sank in that Fran was gone - my MIL)
24. What is on the floor of your closet? Clothes. Shoes. Okay, so this is the way both GF and Los Angelista answered this, but what would anyone say here? If anyone says they never have clothes on the floor of their closet, then they scare me a little.
25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you're sending this to? Um... given that Anno and Charity both read my blog from time to time and I've known them about equal lengths of time... probably Anno and Charity
26. What did you do last night? Played Fluxx and watched Buffy episodes and had a great, homemade Italian dinner.
27. What are you most afraid of? Honestly? Global warming and its aftermath.
28. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburger? Cheese. In fact, I could skip the burger part and just do the cheese (as long as it was *real* cheese, not a "cheese product".
29. Favorite dog breed? Golden Retrievers
30. Favorite day of the week? Mondays, because I usually get to teach on Mondays
31. How many states have you lived in? New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, California, Michigan, Tennessee
32. Diamonds or pearls? Neither - opals.