1. You get to stay up past your bedtimes.
3. You have a nice, clean house the next day.
4. Your friend's lemon pound cake.
5. An excuse to make these.
6. Your son is happy to watch a movie and eat what you had an excuse to make (ie. he's happily occupied, and so are you).
7. The realization that none of you really liked the book that much.
8. Allowing the not-so-great book to provide a great springboard for discussion about ethnic heritage, backgrounds, and parental expectations.
9. Going off topic. Repeatedly.